Is it possible to run an on-demand computing operation like animation and VFX into the cloud? We talk to CTO of Nimble Collective Rob DeMilo to find out. Plus Amazon is raising its Prime membership prices, How to turn off Instagram’s new feature, and researchers uncover a malware phishing operation in Lebanon aimed at Windows and Android users.
Starring Tom Merritt, Sarah Lane, Rob DeMillo, and Roger Chang
Multiple versions (ogg, video etc.) from Archive.org.
Please SUBSCRIBE HERE.
Follow us on Soundcloud.
A special thanks to all our supporters–without you, none of this would be possible.
Big thanks to Mustafa A. from thepolarcat.com for the logo!
Thanks to our mods, Kylde, Jack_Shid, KAPT_Kipper, and scottierowland on the subreddit
To read the show notes in a separate page click here!
- Thank you Mat Aspinall for the Chip Tunes theme!
- Quick Hits
- (01:30) LG patents a folding phone that morphs into a tablet | the verge
- (01:50) U.S. CFTC sues three virtual currency operators for fraud | reuters
- (02:20) Amazon brings voice control to its Alexa app for Android, with iOS coming soon | tech crunch
- (02:35) Italy’s anti-trust opens probe into Apple, Samsung phone complaints | reuters
- More Top Stories
- (03:10) Instagram just added a new feature you might want to turn off — here’s how | business insider
- (05:40) Amazon is raising the price of its monthly Prime membership from $10.99 to $12.99 | the verge
- (07:55) OnePlus says up to 40,000 customers affected in credit card breach | engadget
- (09:50) Smartphone Spying Op Targeted Thousands With Malware, Phishing | pc world
- (13:50) Cape Town’s map of water usage aims to limit water usage by residents | iafrikan
- Discussion (17:00)
- Message of the Day
- (26:50) Rich – Nintendo Switch Labo
- (27:50) Kaylee – “Labo”
- Today’s Contributors
- Friend of the show Wil Harris is fundraising for Campaign Against Living Miserably, a charity that encourages men to get help with their mental health.