Cryptocurrencies nose dive to just 50% of their 2017 value as governments crackdown. Google’s Project Fi caps data bills at $60/month. Amazon shortlists the 20 cities its considering for its 2nd North American HQ.
Starring Tom Merritt, Sarah Lane, Justin Robert Young and Roger Chang
Multiple versions (ogg, video etc.) from Archive.org.
Please SUBSCRIBE HERE.
Follow us on Soundcloud.
A special thanks to all our supporters–without you, none of this would be possible.
Big thanks to Mustafa A. from thepolarcat.com for the logo!
Thanks to our mods, Kylde, Jack_Shid, KAPT_Kipper, and scottierowland on the subreddit
To read the show notes in a separate page click here!
- Quick Hits
- (00:50) Softbank is now Uber’s biggest shareholder
- (01:20) Apple Confirms Fix is Coming Next Week for Malicious Link That Freezes Messages App | macrumors
- (01:50) Intel admits Spectre patch problems also affect newer Core chips | engadget
- (02:20) Microsoft puts Minecraft boss in charge of Xbox games | the verge
- More Top Stories
- (02:45) Nintendo Announces Nintendo Labo, A Wild New Experiment For Switch | kotaku
- (10:05) This week’s Bitcoin crash was all about fraud and regulation | the verge
- (14:35) Spotify Has New Plan to Take on Radio and Reinvent Podcasts | bloomberg
- (18:50) Tide Pod challenge: YouTube blocks videos after poisoning fears | bbc
- (21:35) Google’s Project Fi now caps data bills at $60 | tech crunch
- (24:15) Amazon reveals top 20 city candidates for its second HQ | the verge
- Message of the Day
- (27:10) Andy – Daily Tech Headlines on a Google Home
- Today’s Contributors
- Friend of the show Wil Harris is fundraising for Campaign Against Living Miserably, a charity that encourages men to get help with their mental health.