In 1941 – Electric eye detectors were first used to measure high-jumping height attained. A track meet of the Schenectady, NY, Patrolmen’s Association used equipment designed by General Electric, comprising of a movable light source and four electric eyes.
In 1943 – Chief consultant John Mauchly and chief engineer John Presper Eckert began leading the military commission on the new computer ENIAC. They would take one year to design the computer and 18 months to build it.
In 2006 – Swedish police raided The Pirate Bay website and shut it down. The site relaunched from servers outside Sweden.
Like Tech History? Purchase Tom Merritt’s Chronology of Tech History at Merritt’s Books site.