Samsung’s growth slows weighed down by low Galaxy S9 sales while Huawei posted a 15% increase in revenue. How OpenAI is improving robotic hands work. Yahoo Finance is planning on launching its own full-day live video stream network by the end of the year.
Starring Tom Merritt, Sarah Lane, and Roger Chang.
Using a Screen Reader? Click here
Please SUBSCRIBE HERE.
Subscribe through Apple Podcasts.
A special thanks to all our supporters–without you, none of this would be possible.
If you are willing to support the show or give as little as 5 cents a day on Patreon. Thank you!
Big thanks to Dan Lueders for the headlines music and Martin Bell for the opening theme!
Big thanks to Mustafa A. from thepolarcat.com for the logo!
Thanks to Anthony Lemos of Ritual Misery for the expanded show notes!
Thanks to our mods, Kylde, Jack_Shid, KAPT_Kipper, and scottierowland on the subreddit
To read the show notes in a separate page click here!
- Quick Hits
- (00:55) Logitech is acquiring Blue Microphones for $117 million in cash | the verge
- (01:15) Facebook finds evidence of Russia-linked influence campaigns targeting US midterms | tech crunch
- (01:55) MoviePass’ latest survival plan: increase prices, gut first-run movie access | the verge
- (02:20) iOS 12 beta 5 further hints at dual-SIM support coming to future iPhone models | 9to5mac
- More Top Stories
- (02:55) Scoop: Yahoo Finance launching live video streaming network this year | axios
- (07:45) Smartphone Slowdown Hits Profits at Samsung Electronics | bloomberg
- (12:20) WhatsApp’s new group video calling feature is now live | the verge
- How Robot Hands Are Evolving to Do What Ours Can | new york times
- (19:00) Nintendo Switch has sold 19.7 million consoles, 87 million games to date | venturebeat
- (21:45) Apple earnings beat expectations as it sells pricier iPhones | reuters
- Thing of the Day
- Messages of the Day
- (26:05) Big Jim – Blockchain used in trade
- (27:45) David – Bluetooth security