Samsung’s growth slows weighed down by low Galaxy S9 sales while Huawei posted a 15% increase in revenue. How OpenAI is improving robotic hands work. Yahoo Finance is planning on launching its own full-day live video stream network by the end of the year.
Starring Tom Merritt, Sarah Lane, and Roger Chang.
Please SUBSCRIBE HERE.
Subscribe through Apple Podcasts.
A special thanks to all our supporters–without you, none of this would be possible.
Big thanks to Mustafa A. from thepolarcat.com for the logo!
Thanks to our mods, Kylde, Jack_Shid, KAPT_Kipper, and scottierowland on the subreddit
To read the show notes in a separate page click here!
- Quick Hits
- (00:55) Logitech is acquiring Blue Microphones for $117 million in cash | the verge
- (01:15) Facebook finds evidence of Russia-linked influence campaigns targeting US midterms | tech crunch
- (01:55) MoviePass’ latest survival plan: increase prices, gut first-run movie access | the verge
- (02:20) iOS 12 beta 5 further hints at dual-SIM support coming to future iPhone models | 9to5mac
- More Top Stories
- (02:55) Scoop: Yahoo Finance launching live video streaming network this year | axios
- (07:45) Smartphone Slowdown Hits Profits at Samsung Electronics | bloomberg
- (12:20) WhatsApp’s new group video calling feature is now live | the verge
- How Robot Hands Are Evolving to Do What Ours Can | new york times
- (19:00) Nintendo Switch has sold 19.7 million consoles, 87 million games to date | venturebeat
- (21:45) Apple earnings beat expectations as it sells pricier iPhones | reuters
- Thing of the Day
- Messages of the Day
- (26:05) Big Jim – Blockchain used in trade
- (27:45) David – Bluetooth security