Amazon Go opens in downtown Seattle. Is the future of grocery shopping here? Montana’s governor signs an executive order to preserve Net Neutrality. US Childcare research suggests parents should not limit screen time but rather ensure its creative not passive time.
Starring Tom Merritt, Sarah Lane, Veronica Belmont and Roger Chang
Using a Screen Reader? Click here
Multiple versions (ogg, video etc.) from Archive.org.
Please SUBSCRIBE HERE.
Follow us on Soundcloud.
A special thanks to all our supporters–without you, none of this would be possible.
If you are willing to support the show or give as little as 5 cents a day on Patreon. Thank you!
Big thanks to Dan Lueders for the headlines music and Martin Bell for the opening theme!
Big thanks to Mustafa A. from thepolarcat.com for the logo!
Thanks to Anthony Lemos of Ritual Misery for the expanded show notes!
Thanks to our mods, Kylde, Jack_Shid, KAPT_Kipper, and scottierowland on the subreddit
To read the show notes in a separate page click here!
- Thank you Mat Aspinall for the Chip Tunes theme!
- Quick Hits
- (00:55) FACEBOOK’S LATEST FIX FOR FAKE NEWS: ASK USERS WHAT THEY TRUST | wired
- (01:20) Microsoft challenges Chromebooks with $189 Windows 10 laptops for schools | the verge
- (01:50) Intel tells users to stop deploying buggy Spectre patch, citing technical issues | the verge
- (02:15) Netflix is now worth more than $100B | tech crunch
- More Top Stories
- (02:50) Nokia removes the cardiac-tracking feature that made its smart scale different | the verge
- (05:55) Amazon Go, a high-tech version of a 7-Eleven, will finally open on Monday — with no checkout lines and no cashiers | recode
- (12:20) Montana governor signs executive order to keep net neutrality in the state | the verge
- (15:30) Uber Eats acquires Ando, the food delivery startup from David Chang that makes its own food | tech crunch
- (18:50) Consensus view now appears to be to guide children’s screen-time, not limit it | 9to5mac
- (24:20) You could soon be manufacturing your own drugs—thanks to 3D printing | science mag
- Thing of the Day
- (28:15) Tech In Travel Minute
- Message of the Day
- (30:55) Erik – How It’s Made (DTNS Edition)
- Today’s Contributor
- Friend of the show Wil Harris is fundraising for Campaign Against Living Miserably, a charity that encourages men to get help with their mental health.