What is the state of Augmented Reality market and where will it be down the road? Plus Twitter users can no longer cross post to Facebook automatically and a hearing AI that will help prevent rollercoaster failures.
Starring Tom Merritt, Sarah Lane, Roger Chang and Nicole Lee.
Using a Screen Reader? Click here
Multiple versions (ogg, video etc.) from Archive.org.
Please SUBSCRIBE HERE.
Subscribe through Apple Podcasts.
A special thanks to all our supporters–without you, none of this would be possible.
If you are willing to support the show or give as little as 5 cents a day on Patreon. Thank you!
Big thanks to Dan Lueders for the headlines music and Martin Bell for the opening theme!
Big thanks to Mustafa A. from thepolarcat.com for the logo!
Thanks to Anthony Lemos of Ritual Misery for the expanded show notes!
Thanks to our mods, Kylde, Jack_Shid, KAPT_Kipper, and scottierowland on the subreddit
To read the show notes in a separate page click here!
- Quick Hits
- (01:10) Apple says it is removing apps & in-app purchases from its iTunes Affiliate Program | 9to5mac
- (01:40) Cisco is buying Duo Security for $2.35B in cash | tech crunch
- (02:00) Icon found in iOS 12 shows iPad with thin bezels, no Home button or notch | 9to5mac
- (02:25) U.S. jury asks Apple to pay $145 million in damages to Canada’s WiLan | reuters
- More Top Stories
- (02:50) Facebook finally launches playable ads, improves game monetization | venturebeat
- (06:10) There’s more: Google is also said to be developing a censored news app for China | tech crunch
- (10:10) PSA: Automatic cross-posting of tweets to Facebook no longer works as of today | tech crunch
- (11:50) An AI that ‘hears’ machine failure might soon be used for roller coasters | the next web
- (14:05) Using solar powered MP3 players in the fight against diarrhea | iafrikan
- Discussion Story (17:10)
- New XRDC Innovation Report reveals Vive is still devs’ top target, but AR is rising | game developers confrence
- When Public And Private Sectors Join Forces To Create Opportunity | forbes
- Lockheed Martin Deploys Augmented Reality for Spacecraft Manufacturing | wall street journal
- Augmented Reality in service: Ready for the prime time? | the manufacturer
- Thing of the Day
- Messages of the Day
- (26:30) John – MoviePass
- Today’s Contributor