MoviePass the self-proclaimed future of movie cinemas across the nation now finds itself in a spiral of bad news borrowing $6 million to keep running, stopped access to Mission Impossible: Fallout, reduced the number of movie releases available, and raised prices. Was this inevitable and is the company’s failure all but assured?
Starring Tom Merritt, Sarah Lane, Roger Chang and Scott Johnson.
Please SUBSCRIBE HERE.
Subscribe through Apple Podcasts.
A special thanks to all our supporters–without you, none of this would be possible.
Big thanks to Mustafa A. from thepolarcat.com for the logo!
Thanks to our mods, Kylde, Jack_Shid, KAPT_Kipper, and scottierowland on the subreddit
To read the show notes in a separate page click here!
- Quick Hits
- (01:10) Why France Is Banning Smartphones at School Just as the U.S. Is Letting More Students Use Them | fortune
- (01:35) 3D-printed gun website yanks CAD files after federal judicial order | ars technica
- (01:55) We had a security incident. Here’s what you need to know. | reddit
- (02:50) Facebook is making its first serious move to monetize WhatsApp | the verge
- More Top Stories
- (03:20) Facebook and Instagram now show how many minutes you use them | tech crunch
- (07:20) Huawei supplants Apple as the second largest smartphone seller | engadget
- (09:15) Samsung’s new Galaxy Tab S4 tries to beat the iPad at productivity | the verge
- (11:35) Whistleblower reveals Google’s plans for censored search in China | the verge
- (16:05) Linux Boots On “Shakti” — India’s First Ever RISC-V Based Silicon Processor | fossbytes
- Discussion Story (18:15)
- Did Helios And Matheson Analytics Just Change The Game? | seeking alpha
- How AMC is taking advantage of MoviePass’s popularity | yahoo
- The sad truth about MoviePass | the daily dot
- Sinemia: Monthly Movie Ticket Plans | Sinemia
- Thing of the Day
- Messages of the Day
- (28:45) David – WhatsApp
- Today’s Contributor