As third-party encryption plug-ins face new scrutiny we discuss the wider implications of internet and connected technologies entering a mass-market phase where consumers want a set and forget it type of experience when it comes to security.
Starring Tom Merritt, Sarah Lane, Len Peralta, Roger Chang and Shannon Morse.
Multiple versions (ogg, video etc.) from Archive.org.
Please SUBSCRIBE HERE.
Subscribe through Apple Podcasts.
A special thanks to all our supporters–without you, none of this would be possible.
Big thanks to Mustafa A. from thepolarcat.com for the logo!
Thanks to our mods, Kylde, Jack_Shid, KAPT_Kipper, and scottierowland on the subreddit
To read the show notes in a separate page click here!
- Quick Hits
- (01:15) Samsung’s record profit run ends after reportedly slow Galaxy S9 sales | the verge
- (01:45) Banks told to reveal tech meltdown plans | bbc news
- (02:10) Netflix will remove user reviews from its website next month | engadget
- More Top Stories
- (02:40) YouTuber in row over copyright infringement of his own song | bbc news
- (04:55) Sonos files to go public, has sold over 19 million devices | the verge
- (07:40) MIT’s music AI can identify instruments and isolate their sounds | engadget
- (09:10) DHS Subpoenas Twitter For New Zealand Security Researcher’s Info | tech dirt
- (12:15) Watch MIT’s blind robot run, jump, and climb stairs | the next web
- Discussion Story (14:55)
- Thing of the Day
- Messages of the Day
- (25:35) Charles – Simon Winchester’s ‘Perfectionists’
- (26:40) Rami – Uber/Careem merger
- Today’s Contributor