Has the mobile phone market reached full saturation? A dedicated Ghanian teacher’s efforts to teach how computers work without using a computer has won global applause, and America’s mobile wireless companies join forces to create a new multi-factor authentication standard.
Starring Tom Merritt, Sarah Lane, Roger Chang and Justin Robert Young.
Multiple versions (ogg, video etc.) from Archive.org.
Please SUBSCRIBE HERE.
Subscribe through iTunes here.
Follow us on Soundcloud.
A special thanks to all our supporters–without you, none of this would be possible.
Big thanks to Mustafa A. from thepolarcat.com for the logo!
Thanks to our mods, Kylde, Jack_Shid, KAPT_Kipper, and scottierowland on the subreddit
To read the show notes in a separate page click here!
- Quick Hits
- (01:15) ‘Bro Culture’ Led to Repeated Sexual Harassment, Former Google Engineer’s Lawsuit Says | gizmodo
- (01:55) Nintendo Holds Off on Switch 2.0, Looks to Peripherals for More Sales | wall street journal
- (02:35) Facebook won’t move news into a separate feed after all | the verge
- More Top Stories
- (03:15) Longer upgrade cycles and growing purchases of used smartphones said to threaten flagship sales | 9to5 google
- (04:30) Microsoft Soundscape helps the visually impaired navigate cities | tech crunch
- (07:40) Uber launches Uber Health, a B2B ride-hailing platform for healthcare | tech crunch
- (09:25) The story behind the viral photo of a teacher in Ghana showing students Windows on a blackboard | quartz
- (11:50) US carriers testing replacement for two-factor authentication | engadget
- Discussion (15:45)
- Message of the Day
- (23:50) Alan – QR code fun
- Today’s Contributors